May 19, 2014
This got me thinking that hijab is so unique to each individual. Every woman who wears a hijab puts her own spin on how to wear it. Here are the different types of hijabs I have concluded exist within our community:
*Side note this is not meant to offend anyone, it is all in good fun!
1) The NASA helmet: this is the hijab that wraps around for years and legit looks like you are wearing a helmet around your head. Some say you can stop a bullet from hitting you in the head, and others say you can float without a life jacket. Its also great for storing valuable things, it’s almost like an Ikea closet. Famous bloggers such as Imaan Ali wear these types of hijab (although I love her and her work her hijab is always so big!!)
2) The barely on hijab: This hijab is barely sitting on your head but is still covering 3/4’s of it. The 1/4 that is being exposed are the bangs. The followers of the barely on hijab movement have one of the nicest bangs I have yet to see.
3) The Turban: The turban hijab is for the sisters who miss the cool breeze hitting their neck. I get it, I’ve been wearing the hijab for 15 years so sometimes you miss the feeling.
4) The 1960’s Hijab: This type of sister hasn’t changed her style since the Six-Day war. Her Hijab is a straight 3D Triangle (refer to my other blog posts). And sometimes when she wants to be fancy she takes the two ends of her hijab, which rest on her chest and puts a fancy family jeweled ring to hold it up.
5) The Hump Hijab: This sister has her hijab on right but you can spot her from a mile away because of her ponytail bun it has a diameter of about 1 meter. Usually the song by Fergie “My humps” accompanies this hijabi wherever she goes.
6) The Wing Hijab: This hijab is the one many hijabis opted using from 2000-on. This hijab goes on normal but has a long wing that starts from the top of the head and can go all the way down to your waist. It’s the modern day Bat Woman.
Which hijabi are you?